Contact Me

I'm currently accepting books for review. Please have a look at the review policy before writing to me. If you are a publisher or author, please email me at obsessionsofabookaholic@hotmail.com

Upcoming Review

Upcoming Review
Precious Stone trilogy by Kerstin Gier

Rating System

1 Star: I did not enjoy it.
2 Stars: I had trouble getting through it.
3 Stars: Overall quite good, but with a few flaws.
4 Stars: I really enjoyed it.
5 Stars: I loved it and would definitely read it again!

Blog Archive

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge

Amy has not entered the 2015 Reading Challenge.

2015 Release Countdowns



Tuesday 4 October 2011

Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish because they love books, and love lists. So, here are my Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open (because of the cliffhanger or because it the ending was MINDBLOWING, etc.
 
  1. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare: Ohmigosh! I can't believe Cassandra Clare would do somthing like that to her readers. Cassandra Clare, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
  2. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead: Why, why did she make the book end like that. I understand it was to make the story more interesting, and make room for more books in the series, but I was still unhappy.
  3. Spy Glass by Maria V. Snyder: Again, I can't believe the author would do this. Who Opal ends up with in the end is not who I would have pictured her to be with. I just don't think that that man is a good person with changed ways.
  4. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: Ditto to the above.
  5. Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James: I was so upset with this ending. Actually, I was just so upset with what happened at the end, and how messed up the characters were.
  6. Delirium by Lauren Oliver: The cliffhanger at the end has left me in torture, and I cannot wait to see what happend in the nest book "Pandemonium".
  7. Ice Study by Maria V. Snyder: I know that this isn;t a published book, and that the author emails it in her newsletters, but I did not see that ending coming, and thought it was very clever.
  8. Heist Society by Ally Carter: The ending did not tell me much, and I really want to know what will happen nest. I haven't read the next book in the series yet, but I will get around to it.
  9. When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit by Judith Kerr: I just found the ending of this book so beautiful and nice, that it had to go on this list.
  10. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness: The suspense at the end of this book, ahd me turning the pages rapidly, just to find out what happens. I love this book, and the ending is perfect. It leaves room for the sequel "The Ask and the Answer", which I have also read.

Amy

8 comments:

  1. COFA and Shadow Kiss were huge shocks for me. I felt so bad about COFA. The characters have already been through so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about Shadow Kiss. I was at the beach when I read that and I was all water-eyed and my parents wanted to know if I got stung by a bee or something.

    As for Spy Glass, I haven't read that yet but I've had people request that I review it. You've piqued my interest and now I really want to check it out.

    I am curious to know what bothered you about the ending of Mockingjay. It is bittersweet and I felt that it fit with the book very well, personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just think that Katniss should have ended up with Gale, because I don't think Peeta is the right person for her to be with.

    I aslo think that Katniss had been through so much, and her whole family just died. It was so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally forgot about The knife of Never Letting Go, but agree that it getting Monsters of Men the very next day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. one, four and six on my list for next year reads. they have also become popular for this top ten list.
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree with The Knife of Never Letting Go. I can't believe they just ended it like that!

    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
  7. City of Fallen Angels made my list too! I really want to read Delirium. Great picks!

    Check out my first Top Ten Tuesday:

    http://seeitorreadit.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday-1.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree with what you said about City of Fallen Angels. I also put that on my list.

    My Top Ten: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-book-endings.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment :)