Contact Me

I'm currently accepting books for review. Please have a look at the review policy before writing to me. If you are a publisher or author, please email me at obsessionsofabookaholic@hotmail.com

Upcoming Review

Upcoming Review
Precious Stone trilogy by Kerstin Gier

Rating System

1 Star: I did not enjoy it.
2 Stars: I had trouble getting through it.
3 Stars: Overall quite good, but with a few flaws.
4 Stars: I really enjoyed it.
5 Stars: I loved it and would definitely read it again!

Blog Archive

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge

Amy has not entered the 2015 Reading Challenge.

2015 Release Countdowns



Friday 4 November 2011

Spells by Aprilynne Pike

Spells (Wings, #2)
Title: Spells
Author: Aprilynne Pike
Pages: 426
Publication Date: May. 4th, 2010
 
Back Cover: Six months have passed since Laurel saved the gateway to the faerie realm of Avalon. Now she must spend her summer there, honing her skills as a Fall faerie. But her human family and friends are still in mortal danger--and the gateway to Avalon is more compromised than ever.

When it comes time to protect those she loves, will she depend on David, her human boyfriend, for help? Or will she turn to Tamani, the electrifying faerie with whom her connection is undeniable?
 
First Lines: Laurel stood in front of the cabin, scanning the tree line, her throat constricting in a rush of nerves. He was there, somewhere, watching her.
 
My Thoughts: This book has me undecided whether it was a good book or a not so good book. The story just isn't as enticing as Wings was, and I just didn't fell myself enjoying it as much.
 
 There are pros and cons about the storyline of this book. One of the pros being that Laurel finally goes to Avalon, and so we find out more about the place that the books are revolved around. But then, the characters emotions just turn me away from the book. One minute, everything is fine and everyone is happy, and then they get frustrated and make completely irrational decisions.
 
In this book, David seemed to get distant and a little bit untrustworthy. I don't know why, but he seemed more concerned about his safety than protecting Laurel, which takes the some of the passion and love away from the story. Whereas, Tamani is trying to help Laurel. In my opinion, Laurel is just wrapped in her own little world in this book. She gets frustrated about the things she can't do, and she keeps questioning everything and wondering why whats happening is happening to her.
 
I was a little let down by this book compared to the first one. The storyline is average and you just can't connect with many of the characters, unlike Wings. If you have nothing else to read and you have read Wings by Aprilynne Pike, then I recommend you read this book just to see how the story continues.
 
Rating: 3/5 

 

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment :)