Contact Me

I'm currently accepting books for review. Please have a look at the review policy before writing to me. If you are a publisher or author, please email me at obsessionsofabookaholic@hotmail.com

Upcoming Review

Upcoming Review
Precious Stone trilogy by Kerstin Gier

Rating System

1 Star: I did not enjoy it.
2 Stars: I had trouble getting through it.
3 Stars: Overall quite good, but with a few flaws.
4 Stars: I really enjoyed it.
5 Stars: I loved it and would definitely read it again!

Blog Archive

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge

Amy has not entered the 2015 Reading Challenge.

2015 Release Countdowns



Wednesday 21 January 2015

Waiting on Wednesday 17: Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder

 
Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine and is meant to showcase upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting or just books which we are dying to read...
 
 16130758 23556861
 
My Waiting on Wednesday this week is Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder, the next book in the Poison Study series.
 
Synopsis:
Once, only her own life hung in the balance.

Oddly enough, when Yelena was a poison taster, her life was simpler. But she'd survived to become a vital part of the balance of power between rival countries Ixia and Sitia. Now she uses her magic to keep the peace in both lands and protect her relationship with Valek.

Suddenly, though, they are beset on all sides by those vying for power through politics and intrigue. Valek's job - and his life - are in danger. As Yelena tries to uncover the scope of these plots, she faces a new challenge: her magic is blocked. She must keep that a secret - or her enemies will discover just how vulnerable she really is - while searching for who or what is responsible for neutralizing her powers.

Yes, the days of tasting poisons were much simpler. And certainly not as dangerous.
 
Why Can't I Wait?
When Maria V. Snyder announced that she was writing another book about the characters from the Study Series I was grinning like a Cheshire cat! Poison Study, Magic Study and Fire Study are some of my favourite books of all time. I have also read the Healer, Insiders and Glass series by Maria and absolutely loved them! However, the Study series has always remained my favourite. I cannot wait for Yelena and Valek's journey to continue in Shadow Study when it comes out around February 24th, 2015.
 
What Book Are You Waiting For?
 
 
Amy

12 comments:

  1. I loved Poison Study but haven't followed the series, so I can't read this book yet as much as I want. :( The series is just hard to find here.

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you will be able to get hold of it sometime, it's amazing!

      Delete
  2. Poison Study is one of my favourite books of all time so of course I can't wait for this one to come out!! I NEED more Yelena and Valek. And everyone else too haha. I can't wait to get that beautiful black, flamy colour to match my other books too!
    Here's my WOW if you want to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the second time I see this one on a WOW this week. That makes me want to finally read Poison Study. It's been sitting on my shelf forever.
    A quick word on the cover of Shadow Study. I love the one on the right. It's stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must read Poison Study ASAP! You won't be disappointed!

      Delete
  4. This looks like an interesting book to read, I guess I should add it to my to-be-read list then. Great choice by the way.
    My Waiting On Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and definitely add it to your TBR list! :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any books by this author but they sound like something I'd enjoy! I hope you enjoy Shadow Study when you get a chance to read it :-D

    Sarah @ Good Books & Teacups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope I enjoy it as well (I'm sure I will)! You should definitely pick one up sometime, they are fabulous! :)

      Delete
  6. YESSS! I cannot cannot cannot wait for more for this book. I LOVED the Poison Study series and I want more of Yelena and Valek, so YESS! Plus the covers are gorgeous and now that they put new ones to the old books, which are beautiful too, i want the whole series in those covers, but oh no... they are only for kindle, damn. Maybe in the future there will be a paperback with those covers, for now give ME Shadow Study, I have been waiting a LOT for this. my wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I feel! More Yelena and Valek and everyone else!! :D

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment :)