Contact Me

I'm currently accepting books for review. Please have a look at the review policy before writing to me. If you are a publisher or author, please email me at obsessionsofabookaholic@hotmail.com

Upcoming Review

Upcoming Review
Precious Stone trilogy by Kerstin Gier

Rating System

1 Star: I did not enjoy it.
2 Stars: I had trouble getting through it.
3 Stars: Overall quite good, but with a few flaws.
4 Stars: I really enjoyed it.
5 Stars: I loved it and would definitely read it again!

Blog Archive

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge

Amy has not entered the 2015 Reading Challenge.

2015 Release Countdowns



Monday 20 June 2011

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


Title: City of Bones
Author: Cassandra Clare
Pages: 442
Publication Date: Mar. 27th, 2007
 
Back Cover:  It's after dark in New York City, and Clary Fray is seeing things. The best-looking guy in the nightclub just stabbed a boy to death - but the victim has vanished into thin air. Her mother has disappeared, and a hideous monster is lurking in her apartment. With her life spiralling into darkness, Clary realises that she has stumbled into an invisible war between ancient demonic forces and the secretive Shadowhunters - a war in which she has a fateful role to play...

First Lines: "You've got to be kidding me," the bouncer said, folding his arms across his massive chest. He stared down at the boy in the red zip-up jacket and shook his shaved head. "You can't bring that thing in here."
 
My Thoughts: Cassandra Clare has pulled off another excellent book. After reading the prequel Clockwork Angel, I couldn't wait to read this book. I wasn't disappointed. With all of the drama, comedy, romance and supernatural creatures, this book had me in my room with the door shut, reading the whole book in a matter of hours.
 
The character's each seem so realistic and each have a couple of main traits. Whether that characteristic is stubbornness, cockiness, kindness or just down-right evil, they just tie the whole book together nicely.

The plot in this book is so crazy and out-there, that I didn't even begin to imagine how Cassandra Clare came up with it. The twist at the end is magnificent and unpredictable, which is one thing I liked about this book. Although some parts of the book I didn't want to happen, this story is sure to keep you turning the pages to find out what happens next.
 
If you have any free time and don't know what to do, then I recommend you read this book. With the fulfilling plot and awesome character's, this is a book that everyone must read. Funny, unpredictable, dark and thrilling. This is one of my favourite books.
 
Rating:  4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment :)