Contact Me

I'm currently accepting books for review. Please have a look at the review policy before writing to me. If you are a publisher or author, please email me at obsessionsofabookaholic@hotmail.com

Upcoming Review

Upcoming Review
Precious Stone trilogy by Kerstin Gier

Rating System

1 Star: I did not enjoy it.
2 Stars: I had trouble getting through it.
3 Stars: Overall quite good, but with a few flaws.
4 Stars: I really enjoyed it.
5 Stars: I loved it and would definitely read it again!

Blog Archive

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge

Amy has not entered the 2015 Reading Challenge.

2015 Release Countdowns



Tuesday 18 October 2011

Top Ten Books Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy It

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish because they love books, and love lists. So, here are my Top Ten Books Whose Title Or Cover Made Me Buy It.
 
  1. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare: This was the first Cassandra Clare book that I read. And yes, it was both the cover and title which made me buy it. I mean, Clockwork Angel sounds intriguing. The book cover is gorgeous and I love the purple tints.
  2. Divergent by Veronica Roth: For me it was 3 things that made me buy it. The cover was eye-catching and metallic. The title was different and interesting. The third reason was that everyone kept blogging about this book, and i thought I was missing out.
  3. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder: Okay, I didn't buy this book, I saw it at the library and thought the cover (Australian Cover) was really pretty and mysterious, and the title sounded really cool.
  4. Fallen by Lauren Kate: The cover is just stunning. It's so dark and beautiful.
  5. Delirium by Lauren Oliver: I borrowed this book from someone at the beginning of he yer. I had no idea what it was about and i hadn't seen the cover. The title was what made me want to borrow it.
  6. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: The cover was a bit plain, but the title sounded really good. I wasn't disappointed.
  7. Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder: Okay... my first thought was clothes, and turning them inside out. Then I thought that it was probably about a person who keeps all of their emotions inside them, and needed to release them or tell someone what they were feeling. I bought the book after reading the blurb, but the title was the thing that made me buy it nonetheless.
  8. Die For Me by Amy Plum: Again, one of my friends lent this to me, but I showed her a picture and the description online and she went and bought it before me, so I just borrowed it from her. The cover is stunning.
  9. The Dark Divine by Bree Despain: I love the cover, and the title sounded so dark.
  10. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick: I think the cover was so gorgeous, with the angel (Patch) and the feathers in monotone colours.
Amy

7 comments:

  1. Fallen and Hush, Hush made my list too, although I forgot about Die for Me and The Dark Divine. There are so many awesome covers out there!

    My Top Ten is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome picks! Die For Me, Clockwork Angel and THG has made it to my list too! awesome books you got here.

    Here's my Top Ten Books I've Bought because of the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seeing Hush, Hush lots today! I haven't read it, but I agree that the cover is beautiful!

    ~Asheley @ Into the Hall of Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always liked the Hunger Games covers. They're plain, but I think that's pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the only cover i can't recall is 3.7.8.9.10. Hunger games i was not attracted to but might have purchased it since i know of the writer.
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked The Dark Divine cover too. I also wanted to say that you have one of the prettiest blogs I've seen so far! It's so colorful, and I love the owls. Here's my TTT if you want to read it, http://novelminded.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your choices, I'm a new follower, my WOW http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment :)